Nov 2005 – Apr 2006
The experience from my two previous positions – Content Specialist and CSC Associate – allowed me to transition to the Knowledge Engineer (KE) role with much ease, as I had learned some of the core functions while working with the KE team.
- Conducted research and developed custom search strategy for clients to allow effective media monitoring.
- Set up 10+ client accounts and 5+ demos.
- Maintained relevancy of the data in accounts using basic PERL regular expressions.
- Worked with Factiva, LexisNexis, VMS, and Thomson Dialog to integrate content feeds into client accounts.
Biz360’s signing of global clients required non-English language implementation on a much larger scale. Biz360 decided to outsource this on account of it being too costly to tackle in-house. I worked closely with the Services department manager to get the process started and handled on-going maintenance and quality control.
- Oversaw 2 overseas vendors and a team of third-party translators to implement non-English filtering for 3 global clients in 11 different languages.
- Assisted the Engineering department with handling of East Asian languages in developing a new social media product.